Enterprise Asset Management
Enterprise Asset Management organization in many Russian enterprises has considerable drawbacks. The reasons of these drawbacks are a lack of the computer-aided facilities, an underdevelopment of the net infrastructure with high capital output ratio and company territorial distribution. The equipment condition and the completed projects information is in the hands of the executors. Often this information reaches the governing body with hold-ups. As a result, the time interval between the equipment breakdown and the decision making substantially increases and the downtimes appear. The inability to assess the productivity of each unit of equipment leads to the maintenance expenses increase. Manual planning of maintenance and maintenance supply demands high time spending, also there is no opportunity of modeling and optimizing the maintenance process.
The level of the maintenance organization, and also the level of information and automation in the majority of the domestic enterprises can be substantially raised with the help of the leading maintenance methods based on the EAM-systems introduction. EAM (Enterprise Asset Management) - is a management methodology, which allows increasing the productive capacity only due to implementing IT without resorting to buying new equipment. At the same time, EAM-solutions are one of the main units, bracing the information-controlling systems of the level of the enterprise production processes and the level of the enterprise business processes.
The asset management solutions are offered by more than a hundred of the developer enterprises. MRO Software, IFS, Indus, SAP, Intentia and Mincom are usually referred to as the leading ones.
The sphere of the EAM information system application includes energy enterprises, industry, transport and also any enterprises and companies, which require technical equipment registration function automation.
What an enterprise can get from the specialized software:
- Expenses decrease. Composite integrated systems decrease the downtime of equipment, stock, the excess staff and man-hours, increase purchase efficiency. Also data transfer efficiency, data analysis and access easiness are important factors for decreasing expenses.
- Full and operational information accordance to the governing body. The information about all company business-processes is incessantly gathered, generalized and stored in the system. The input data is submitted locally by the employees, and this data in aggregate with the already stored information becomes instantly accessible by the governing body and the authorized employees. The data can be analyzed and presented in various report forms.
- All company business-processes coverage. The composite integrated system allows automated planning, registration, analysis and company main business-processes management. This concerns maintenance, supplies, warehouses, accounting, debtor settlement, staff, documentation, project management, etc.
- Data receipt and transfer to other systems (process control system, AMR, geoinformation system, accounting programs, etc.).
- Operational accounting accordance to the outside. Operational data collection, consolidation, processing and accordance, in compliance with the established accounting norms - is one more task for a composite information system. This is required, for instance, for fiscal organs and the shareholders.
- Asset operation efficiency increase. The system has broad opportunities for maintenance management. This substantially decreases the maintenance expenses and the downtime, increases equipment reliability, safety and life time.
Scheduled repair part increase
Equipment downtime decrease
Nonscheduled purchase decrease